Whether you make the kid-friendly or adults-only version, this hot cocoa recipe will warm your soul.
Bonus: It makes your house smell delicious!
We recommend doubling the recipe if you have a larger crowd.
And, this is certainly not low-fat -- BUT -- it has calcium from the milk and healthy bioflavonoids from the cocoa, so it's kind of healthy, right? Just tell yourself "I'm fighting osteoporosis" with each sip! LOL.
- 2 Cups Heavy (Whipping) Cream
- 1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk (14-oz. can)
- 2 Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 8 Cups Milk
- 1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Bailey's Original Irish Cream (optional, for adults)
- Mini Marshmallows (optional topping)
Combine heavy whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, semi-sweet chocolate chips, unsweetened cocoa powder, milk, vanilla extract, and a dash or two of cinnamon* in your crockpot.
Cover, and cook on low, stirring every 30 minutes, for two hours or until chocolate chips are melted.
Garnish with mini marshmallows, if desired.
For a boozy twist, add a small shot of Bailey's Irish Cream to each adult's mug immediately before ladling in the hot cocoa.
* Definitely include the cinnamon; it will brighten the flavor of your chocolate.